Saturday 9 August 2014

Xiahou Ba Turntable Progress

I finally got 'Xiahou Ba' to grow hands and feet, and refined him a bit more, although still reasonably far from the point of his initial retopologisation and such. I decided to use this new skin material from a tutorial I followed, although it wasn't until the end that I realised it won't look all that great until the model is at least textured too, so I fell down on that part. However, when used on a base colour it isn't so bad.

Here is the progress. Note that the .GIF below is something like 8MB so it could take a few seconds to show or play properly. 

The .mov was actually smaller in file-size, better quality, and original scale, so I'm still questioning myself as to why I made a .GIF out of it.... but oh well. Oh and also Noise in specularity is the best thing since sliced bread! :D




Yes, yes I've seen the bald patch too now that I've exported him.... The hair model is actually a mesh from his PS3 model, so not sure what has happened there; most likely I somehow missed that part of the mesh when selecting it to bring into ZBrush, and hadn't noticed till now. -.-

No comments:

Post a Comment