Thursday 3 July 2014

Project 'Marcus White' - Closed

Hello world! Long time no speak!

I will be updating this blog on a regular occurrence again now, but before I do I just want to point out (in case it was not obvious already) that project 'Marcus White' is now officially closed. I have decided to stop working on him because it has been so long since I last did that looking at his model now, I can see so many problems and mistakes on him. I know I can do a lot better now, so plan to start (and finish) a new 3D project in the near future. For now I have been building up to doing this by practicing my 2D skills again on digital canvases.

Before this project is hidden deep on my computer, I decided to take it into Maya 2015 and do some real-time renders of it using Maya Hardware 2.0 to show off what I was working with before I stopped.




(The final state of the retopology process to the right)

On a note there, since Maya 2014 and especially now in 2015, the new tools for retopology in Maya are damn awesome! I use them more and more often at work now to help in the process of creating very complex, but accurate high resolution meshes. They work wonderfully!


Above is a real-time skin shader (no textures so the colour still looks very flat unfortunately, though it does have a *cough FAKE cough* sub-surface scattering effect on it which works nicely. He also is lightly reflecting a high resolution HDR image that was has been blurred in hardware too.


No comments:

Post a Comment